Pacific University Campus Postcards and Reference Photographs, 1900-1929
This collection contains several dozen postcards and reprinted photographs of the Pacific University campus. The original postcards date to circa 1900-1929. There are also some later reprints created through the 1990s, which are based on earlier photographs taken between 1860-1960.
- Majority of material found within 1900-1929
- Pacific University (Organization)
Conditions Governing Access
Collection is open for research.
Conditions Governing Use
Biographical / Historical
Pacific University, founded in 1849, has advertised itself through promotional publications since the late 1800s. One of the ways that the university promoted itself was through postcards. These postcards were most popular between about 1900 through the late 1920s.
0.25 Cubic Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
A collection of postcards depicting the Pacific University campus between about 1900-1929, with some later reprints of images of campus dating from 1860-1960.
- Guide to the Pacific University Campus Postcards and Reference Photographs
- In Progress
- Emily Johns
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- Finding aid written in English.